Top Five Things To Do
1. Visit the museum to view the battle video and see original battle artifacts.
2. Enjoy the 3.5 miles long driving tour of the battle.
3. Hike up to 19 miles of interpretive trails.
4. See the first person interpretations throughout the season.
5. Take the self-guided tour of Maney's attack at the battlefield.
On October 8, 1862, cannon explosions shattered the rural peace of this tranquil countryside and the death moans of young soldiers. Perryville became the site of the most destructive Civil War battle in the state which left more than 7,600 killed, wounded or miss