Today’s 584-acre park began with an initial land purchase by the State of Vermont in 1975. It is named for Niquette Bay, the local name for an indentation along the northeastern shore of Lake Champlain’s larger Malletts Bay. 4700 feet of scenic rocky and sandy shoreline along the bay comprise the park’s southern boundary.
The property, much of it farmed and pastured through the 1800’s, is today predominately forested. Two long ridges with summits rising to over 400’ elevation run parallel along either side of a flat, sandy terrace bisecting the property. This terrace, in turn, is bisected by