Fort Wilkins Historic State Park, located in the northern Keweenaw Peninsula, features camping, a restored 1844 army military outpost and one of the first lighthouses on Lake Superior built in 1866.
Historical interpretation at the fort, including the Living History program, is provided by the Michigan History Center.
Fort Wilkins Historic State Park offers camping, day-use facilities, a restored 1844 military outpost and one of the first lighthouses on Lake Superior. Restoration work and development began in the 1930s. Costumed interpreters demonstrate the history of the Keweenaw Peninsula