Centenary State Historic Site Maps

Jackson, LA

A map is loading

Get Driving Directions

Centenary State Historic Site Description

Originally opened as the College of Louisiana in 1826, the school occupied an old courthouse and other buildings in the town of Jackson. The college steadily grew and two dormitories were built on new property in 1832 and 1837. The West Wing, the latter of these two buildings, remains today. After less than 20 years, the College of Louisiana closed because of declining enrollment. Suffering similar problems was the Methodist/Episcopal-operated Centenary College at Brandon Springs, Mississippi (established in 1839). Centenary then moved to the vacant campus of the College of Louisiana. Since

: 30.840, -91.214
: 40 acres (0.16 km²)
Official Link
: Centenary State Historic Site

No files currently. Check back soon!